Sunday, May 2, 2010

Free at last, free at last...



Congrats to my good friend Mr. V. who has entered his own period of financial emancipation. At long last he is finally done with years of more than generous child support payments.

While I have seen my share of dead beat dad's and the solitary women who are made to struggle to provide for the innocent progeny, I assure you that my friend went above and beyond to provide for his children, and did so gladly. It is a shame that in a not so perfect world people separate and/or divorce. I myself am divorced, but thankfully had no children who would've been made to suffer any collateral damage. I thank God that my own parents will celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary this year. But in a less than ideal situation Mr. V. did all that he could to give his children what they would need to become productive, happy adults.

So while the monthly payments have come to a timely end, I salute Mr. V. for the father that he is and the friend that he always has been. And that even though he is no longer obligated to pony up a sizable court ordered sum of cash support, I know that he will continue to fulfill the priceless, irreplaceable role of loving father.

No comments:

Post a Comment